Forum:No more Wikia
- This is no voting for anything. It's just a petition to have Uncyclomedia projects liberated from Wikia for ever. Read the text from my letter carefully and say if you agree or not. No one is compulsory to agree, but the more people who agree, the merrier it is to convince Wikia Inc.
I hope many of you will support this. This is very important if we don't want to have Wikia involved in our projects ever again. Thank you | CartoonistHenning 12:58, 24 June 2010 (UTC)
- See ComplaintWiki for background information.
Dear Wikia Staff,
Since 2006 Uncyclomedia.org has assisted the Uncyclopedia-concept in multilingual coordination, it has served as a central wiki to request adoptions and creations of new languages. Sadly, Uncyclopedia moved to Wikia, but Wikia abused (and still does) the concept by giving people the opportunity to create new languages and by commercialising the concept. That was no part of the deal. The umbrella organisation is Uncyclomedia (often abbreviated as UnMeta), Wikia stole Uncyclomedia’s role for its commercial purposes. Also, Wikia just took over Uncyclopedia’s domain name .org. As Wikia is commercial, the company has no right to use such domains. Unfortunately, indeed, many wikis moved to Wikia and new languages were created on it. Many people got very angry about this injustice against Uncyclomedia and some Uncyclomedia users started up Complaintwiki.org, where they posted their complaints about Wikia. I refer to the license Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.5 Generic, that the work may not be used for commercial purposes. The ‘work’ also includes de concept itself, so Wikia is not even allowed to create new languages.
I, CartoonistHenning, have had very bad experiences with Wikia.com, according to the fact that I made a lot of efforts to let close some copied Uncyclopedias/Illogicopedias in other languages. The Uncyclopedia-concept is meant to be a Wikipedia parody, which also includes the freedom of ads (non-commercial), the freedom of users (bureaucrats cannot do on their wiki what they want to do) and the default skin (no Monaco). On page two of this letter I explain why Wikia Inc. never deserved the acquisition of the Uncyclopedia-concept.
Therefor we postulate that the abandoned Uncyclopedias in other languages on Wikia will be removed and that Wikia will no more accept new Uncyclopedias in other languages. Wikia should no more be involved with the Uncyclopedia-concept in other languages, except the wikis that asked for a move and that are active on Wikia. The same goes for another non-commercialised project, like the Illogicopedia-group, which will not be afflicted by Wikia anymore, despite the rude copy which is today called Wackypedia. To make sure that this requirement is confirmed by Uncyclomedia users - who share the same opinion -, people can read this document too and tell in a forum if they agree, like a petition.
Henning VD, CartoonistHenning
-- page 2 --
- 1 Reasons and arguments why Wikia does not care about a project concept, but only (ab)uses projects to make money out of them and the people.
- 2 Do you agree with the text?
- 3 Discussion
- 4 Kohl & Desciclopedia
- 5 Seria tão bom se alguém fodesse com essa Desgalipedia/It would be so nice if someone fuck with this Desgalipedia
- 6 What's up?
- 7 Wikia archives
- 8 Finally, or no!
Reasons and arguments why Wikia does not care about a project concept, but only (ab)uses projects to make money out of them and the people.
§1. The agreement concerning the hosting is unilaterally enforced:
Once people want to make a new language of the Uncyclopedia-concept, for instance, (ignorant of the truth about the fact that Uncyclomedia is the real hosting) they make a domain for free on Wikia, but they do not realise that A: they commercialise the name of (the) Uncyclopedia(-concept); B: if they do not want to have the Uncyclopedia-version on Wikia anymore, they are planning to move, or they start realising Wikia commercialises the concept in a unfair way, it is too late to start over again. Wikia let projects never go and (ab)uses the Wikia wiki as a direct competition, kept by Wikia users who requested the adoption for the wiki. The content of the abandoned wiki will remain, so Wikia does not give people the freedom in what they do. Users should read a kind of manual before creating a wiki on Wikia. But no, the green inviting button above each wiki “create a new wiki” leads you directly to the creation scheme, without any warnings. C: they even have never heard about the Uncyclomedia Foundation, because Wikia is so predominant in Google, that they didn’t find any information about the real organisation. This is actually all about selling your soul to the devil: once in Wikia, never out.
§2. Wikia is playing a game with people when they talk about the ‘community’:
“Our community wants you; we are happy to see you joining our community...” and nonsense. This horse manure is a typical trick to attract people to Wikia. The company claims that you and your early community will be safe with your Uncyclopedia-version and you and your community can decide everything on your project. In fact, Wikia means with ‘community’ something totally different than you expected: the community is the team of janitors and staff members who control you, your wiki and your community to lead everything like ‘they’ want to. A clear example is the complaint according to a fight between User:D. G. Neree and User:Manticore about home rules on the creator’s wiki, a complaint which can be found on Complaintwiki.org. Janitors and staff members just come over to your wiki and do inappropriate edits. Administrators are chosen in the understanding that they know the wiki’s general policy very well, but these janitors and staff members do not seem to worry about that wiki’s policy. They have their own rules, haven’t they? It appears that Wikia has a goal to become the largest communistic society on planet Earth, as they claim to love a big and grand community of hard working people, but actually gain money on these volunteers, who eventually have nothing as compensation (except irritating ads, no freedom in ruling their wiki like they want, etc...). Maybe you can interpret ‘community’ in two different ways, as following: - a large group of volunteers that is oppressed by the company, to make as much money out of them as Wikia can. You will join this ‘community’ and be a small part of the commercial company yourself, without receiving any compensation for it. That is why Wikia wants you. - Wikia itself, which includes the staff, the janitors and everyone who gets paid for the volunteer’s work. The ‘community’ decides? Certainly not: the staff members and janitors do!
§3. Wikia has no respect for the Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.5 Generic license:
I will not explain it over and over again. The license does not allow to use/copy non-profit organisations for commercial purposes. Wikia Inc. is commercial. Obviously, Wikia is a very crafty business.
Do you agree with the text?
If you have signed this petition before on Ikkepedia, Desciclopedia, Oncyclopedia or Illogicopedia, please don't sign it here. Each user on this project can sign here. The petition will close July, 8.
- YES, I AGREE - CartoonistHenning 12:58, 24 June 2010 (UTC)
- Of course! - Alhazred 15:36, 24 June 2010 (UTC)
- YES! Desgalipedia in Wikia never again Rhubella Marie, the rat sockpreppie 3,280 preppiedits 18:19, 24 June 2010 (UTC)
- Yeah man, I AGREE! Greetings UltraJohnny, o super-herói! 19:27, 6 July 2010 (UTC)
- Romania are independet country!!! We are not more sclaves of Austro-Hungary or of Otoman Empire! Cei care sunt români trebuie să mă asculte! Suntem independenţi! Neciclopedi never will not be on Wikia!!!!!!!!! F**k Wikia! Erwin - talk with me - Romanian page 16:32, 7 July 2010 (UTC)
- HELL YEAH! Nickelback 04:21, 12 July 2010 (UTC)
I confess that I was also deceived about it. I will take and tell the story of the founding of Desgalipedia. Exactly, on August 11 last year when Renard was finally banished from Inciclopedia and after insults to users in the chat Uncyclopedia. I had the idea to create a website in Galician. Why? Well had books of poems in Galician and has visited the Galician wikipedia concludes that an Uncyclopedia that language would not only be the resolution of frustration as a new way forward ...
So why the Desgalipedia was first created on Wikia? Simple, at 11 pm, hours of Brasilia. I was still in Spademanns Leksikon, our Danish's sister and was the link to create a wiki that I entered. This explains why I, Rhubella Marie and not Renard was appointed bureaucrat Desgalipedia. Changing the Desgalipedia for Uncyclomedia was due to pure neglect of Wikia doing interlinks with other Uncyclopedia. I repeated the request during the months of September and October but got no response. Instead, the bureaucrats of the Chinese Uncyclopedia managed to interlink with Desgalipedia. That is, the Galician uncy had no connection with anyone but did interlink with zh:
I/Renard talked the matter to Kohl and he insisted he made the request in UnMeta. I kept logs of two conversations which attests to the situation of verassidade Desgalipedia. Thanks to God and the Carlb Desgalipedia was moved to Uncyclomedia. Thank situation today.
The Desgalipedia have no appreciation for a place oonde was not heard countless times. Well, because it was essential the interlinks with other uncys? Just to prevent another site Galician language do the same. But the neglect that I suffered with the administration of Wikia no other answer but let me also join the movement.
- tranlate for portuguese:
Confesso que fui também iludida nisso. Vou aproveitar e contar a história da fundação da Desgalipedia. Exatamente, no dia 11 de agosto do ano passado quando Renard foi definitivamente banido da Inciclopedia e após insultos a usuários no chat da Desciclopedia. Tive a idéia de criar um site em galego. Por que? Bem tinha livros de poemas em galego e já frequentei a wikipedia galega conclui que uma uncyclopedia nesse idioma seria não só a resolução da frustação como um novo caminho a seguir...
Então porque a desgalipedia foi criada primeiramente na Wikia? Simples, às 11 da noite, hora de Brasilia. Ainda me encontrava na Spademanns Leksikon, nossa irmã dinamarquesa e foi do link de criar uma wiki que entrei. Isso justifica o por quê, eu, Rhubella Marie e não Renard foi designado burocrata da Desgalipedia. A mudança da Desgalipedia para a Uncyclomedia foi devido ao puro descaso da Wikia de fazer interlinks com as demais uncyclopedias. Repeti o pedido durante os meses de setembro e outubro mas não consegui nenhuma resposta. Ao invés disso, o burocrata da uncyclopedia chinesa conseguiu fazer interlink com a Desgalipedia. Ou seja, a uncy galega não tinha ligação com ninguém mas fazia interlink com a zh:
Eu/Renard conversei o assunto ao Kohl e ele insistiu que fizesse o pedido na UnMeta. Tenho guardados os logs das 2 conversas o que atesta a verassidade da situação da Desgalipedia. Graças à Deus e ao Carlb a Desgalipedia foi movida para a Uncyclomedia. Situação que agradeço até hoje.
A Desgalipedia não tem nenhum apreço a um lugar oonde fui inumeras vezes não ouvida. Oras, porque era fundamental os interlinks com as demais uncys? Justamente para impedir que outro site de idioma galego fizesse o mesmo. Mas o descaso que sofri com a administração da Wikia não me deixa outra resposta senão também aderir ao movimento.
- I have translated the text, in desciclopedia, and I will also vote there. KING.M.D./Talk 18:21, 24 June 2010 (UTC)
Kohl & Desciclopedia
Rhubella Marie, could you please explain our point of view to the people at desciclopedia? The matter between Kohl and the others, was an internal desciclopedia business. Things got confused because of Slade and we thought that Slade was in a conspiracy to seize power on unmeta and desciclopedia. We on Oncyclopedia never had bad experiences with Kohl and the only side of the story we knew was his side. How could we know what was going on on Desciclopedia? All we knew was, that there was an attack on UnMeta and Desci at the same time. Maybe you could explain to desciclopedians that those matters have nothing to do with wikia, and that we respect the vote of the community. If Kohl abused his power, then it is so. We don't speak Portuguese, so we couldn't judge the siyuation. D. G. Neree 22:37, 25 June 2010 (UTC)
- I wish I could explain the situation to them but there are users who are just raising objections to our appeal.
kilingon and simple Uncyclopedia warned and am trying to contact the ambassador sysop and newly appointed ambassador of the Desgalipedia Unciklopedia Rhubella Marie, the rat sockpreppie 3,280 preppiedits 26 jun 2010 00:47 (UTC)
Please... No one user in Desciclopédia has objected the request of Cartoonist. See for themselves the huge amount votes that agree wich.
What is there is a small group with a thought of "I do not care", but nothing comes to disagreeing or objecting with the text.
DG, Yes, I was one of the users who have been defamed by you in that case at the beginning of the year, but I do not blame you, and I not hold grudges. I understand what you did.
You say you do not speak portuguese and not know what happens at Desciclopédia, and I believe you, because apparently, to be asking for Rhubella the favor of pass your message, you must not know that MarceloRenard2/Rhubella Marie was blocked in DP since february 5, 2009: , , long before creating account here, long before start Desgalipedia, and that's why he is not able explain your point of view to the people at desciclopedia.
I do that:
Alhazred 04:38, 26 June 2010 (UTC)
Oh yes! Another question that is occurring there in Desciclopédia is:
What exactly will happen on July 8? After we get a massive amount of "Yes I AGREE".
Alhazred 04:48, 26 June 2010 (UTC)
- Deixo apenas o aviso, caro Alhazred que o texto acima está explicitando sobre as conversas da mudança da Desgalipedia para o servidor de Carlb. Ficar aqui me acusando não vai nos levar a lugar algum... Mais uma vez a desciclopédia mistura fatos internos seus para tumultuar a conversa na UnMeta. Se traduzir o meu texto original verá que não fiz ataque nenhum a sua wiki. Peço que retorne ao tema. E antes que me esqueça, Cartoonist sabe que fui banido(a) da Desciclopédia.
- Just let the warning, expensive Alhazred which the above is explicit about the talks of the change of Desgalipedia Carlb to the server. Accusing me stay here will not take us anywhere ... Again the Uncyclopedia mixture facts internal to disrupt their conversation in UnMeta. If you translate my original text did not see that any attack on their wiki. I ask you to return to the topic. And before I forget, Cartoonist know I've been banned from Wiki. Rhubella Marie, the rat sockpreppie 3,280 preppiedits 13:39, 26 June 2010 (UTC)
Eu que peço gentilmente que pare de tumultuar as coisas por aqui. A única coisa que eu fiz foi, por educação, reportar o que acontece e aconteceu na Desciclopédia para o DG, coisa que ele pediu, desmentindo suas generalizações, e ainda sou obrigado a ler um aviso...
Peço também encarecidamente que você pare de falar pela Deciclopédia.
Alhazred 14:13, 26 June 2010 (UTC)
Seria tão bom se alguém fodesse com essa Desgalipedia/It would be so nice if someone fuck with this Desgalipedia
Porra, se alguém fodesse essa Desgalipedia, pelo menos aquele viado hermafrodita ia parar de ditar aquela merda e fazer algo que preste na vida, e também iria parar de se achar o tal só porque tem um domínio desglipedia.org nessa porra de internet vai se foder!
Translation and punishment
- Hell, if someone Desgalipedia fuck that, at least that bitch hermaphrodite would stop dictating that shit and do something worthwhile in life, and also would stop if only because such a finding has a Domain desglipedia.org this fucking internet will fuck
- Já lhe disse que aqui não é lugar pra essas coisas... não tenho outra medida a fazer senão isto. Tramontino. Rhubella Marie, the rat sockpreppie 3,280 preppiedits 17:47, 29 June 2010 (UTC)
- (Block log); 17:56.. Rhubella Marie (Talk|contribs|block) blocked "220.127.116.11 (Talk)" with an expiry of undefined (anonymous users only, account creation impossible) (Intimidating Behaviour/harassment)
The IP is from Bento Gonçalves (Rio Grande do Sul) --Helder Oliveira 18:37, 29 June 2010 (UTC)
- <offtopic> huhsuahushaushuahsa :P</offtopic> Rhubella Marie, the rat sockpreppie 3,280 preppiedits 16:29, 30 June 2010 (UTC)
- The petition was already sent to Angela, Sannse, Jimbo Wales, Gil Penchina (Wikia's CEO), but till now, nobody has replied. Sannse replied with this e-mail:
- Hi CartoonistHenning,
Sorry for the slow reply, I'm on vacation right now.
I have seen your letter, and that the Uncyclopedia community have responded to you. I don't have anything to add to that at the moment.
PS: thanks to all of you for supporting this | CartoonistHenning 15:55, 12 July 2010 (UTC)
- That's look, like a automatized message. I bet, if we do, a lil' mess at wikia forums, by opening one with a copy of this letter, gonna give us a real response. KING.M.D./Talk 04:58, 13 July 2010 (UTC)
- Good evening, my name is Rhubella Marie and I'm Desgalipedia's bureaucrat. Recently, this wiki, a sister project of Uncyclopedia was accepted by UnMeta making it possible to link the Uncyclopedia interlinks the responsibility of Carlb. However, it is possible to Desgalipedia interlinks with these Uncys or with Uncys following the server of Wikia, as Inciclopedia, Nonciclopedia or Spademanns Leksikon. I wish that this problem was resolved. Rhubella Marie, October 13, 2009 in Wikia Rhubella Marie, the rat sockpreppie 3,280 preppiedits 15:43, 15 July 2010 (UTC)
Dear users, UnMeta is attempting to convince other Wikia uncycs to move to .org. This is UnMeta's reaction after Wikia has failed to answer on the big petition.— User:CartoonistHenning
Are you crazy? What I ask is the same as asked me to prove Fermat's theorem. Many of uncys large as Nonciclopedia, Inciclopedia and Désencyclopédie never accept the request. Rhubella Marie, the rat sockpreppie 3,280 preppiedits 15:47, 29 July 2010 (UTC)
Finally, or no!
Este assunto estaria encerrado se entre outras coisas não descubrisse que este forum serviu de assunto na Inciclopedia.  Rhubella Marie, the rat sockpreppie 3,280 preppiedits 18:31, 24 September 2010 (UTC)