Forum:Admin on Babel
|Forum: Home > Admin on Babel|
I made this forum to open a discussion about our precious Babel page (uncyclopedia.info/uncyc.org). The Babel page has been a nice statistics page and an important portal for visitors, who are not very familiar with the uncyc world. Right now, that wiki is under my and Carlb's supervision and the Babel stats have been updated by Renan, who I thank very much (again) for his efforts he has made up till now. However, I think it's time to share some responsability. I have thought about this for a while, but after I've seen the wiki is being a place-to-be for spambots, I think it's right to give away some extra buttons.
Please mind that the roles on Babel will be the same:
- I and Carlb will stay Babel's supervisors.
- Renan will still take care of the updates and he will automaticly grant administrator rights. I ask new administrators to not disturb him in his updates. If you have made changes on the Babel page, please copy your changes and paste it into info:User:Renan/Babel. Thanks.
- Other administrators will keep an eye on vandalism. Request to be an administrator in the "Request section".
Discussions about the Babel wiki will be held HERE on UnMeta, just to keep it clear.
Request to be an administrator (deadline 19 September)
New admins will get Checkuser and deletion right (Oversight is reserved for b'crats only), as soon as they apply. Candidats must already be "rollback" here on UnMeta and be administrator on one of Uncyclomedia's projects.
- Renan (will get this automatically)
- Roye7777777 ~ Talk
- Already requested here, but here it is again for the record. I'm rollback on uncyc dot info and on UnMeta, plus I'm an admin on SEU. ~ The Bard (talk) 22:27, 12 September 2011 (UTC)
- OK, for great justice. Rhubella Marie, the rat sockpreppie 2,852 preppiedits 14:51, 13 September 2011 (UTC)
Unfortunately, I ignore the heating occurred in Info. However, I have been reporting on vandalism that occurred in Icelandic Uncyclopedia last week. The style of attack is identical to the vandalism that occurred in the Flemish and Frisian Uncyclopedias. Rhubella Marie, the rat sockpreppie 2,852 preppiedits 15:58, 13 September 2011 (UTC)
I think Babel could be directly connected to UnMeta. In other words, who is sysop here in UnMeta will be sysop there in Babel, and all the other user rights. Alhazred (talk) 16:01, 13 September 2011 (UTC)
- It is what it should be even for UnCommons. If this is a valid position, for example, administrators of UnMeta and UnCommons should also be the same. Rhubella Marie, the rat sockpreppie 2,852 preppiedits 16:30, 14 September 2011 (UTC)
I agree with this. In the very least, some of the inactive admins should be de-opped and replaced. For example, here on UnMeta:
- http://meta.uncyclomedia.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/Assyrius (no edits in 3+ years)
- http://meta.uncyclomedia.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/Marco (no edits in 3+ years)
- http://meta.uncyclomedia.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/Kohl (no edits in 20 months)
- http://meta.uncyclomedia.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/D._G._Neree (no edits in 1+ year)
- http://meta.uncyclomedia.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/Hindleyite (2 edits in the last 3 years)
- http://meta.uncyclomedia.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/Alzheimlich (1 edit in the last year)
And on UnCommons:
- http://commons.uncyclomedia.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/Leeyc0 (last edit Feb 2007)
- http://commons.uncyclomedia.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/Tompkins (last edit Feb 2007)
- http://commons.uncyclomedia.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/Kasuga (last edit Nov 2007)
- http://commons.uncyclomedia.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/Alzheimlich (last edit Dec 2007)
- http://commons.uncyclomedia.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/Smiddle (last edit Dec 2007)
- http://commons.uncyclomedia.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/Kohl (last edit Aug 2009)
- http://commons.uncyclomedia.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/Ervinpospisil (last edit August 2009)
- http://commons.uncyclomedia.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/D._G._Neree (last edit June 2009)
- http://commons.uncyclomedia.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/VITIM (last edit Jan 2010)
For your consideration. ~ The Bard of UnMeta 15:52, 19 September 2011 (UTC)
- Upgrade in Uncyclopaedia, maybe a first topic in Forum about the Babel wiki, posted by me. vu'wI’RENAN337contributions 01:18, 20 October 2011 (UTC)