Hi, colleagues. I address to you on behalf of the community of Absurdopedia hosted at Wikia.
Old-timers remember that on October 3, 2010, Absurdopedia bureaucrat Edward Chernenko persuaded all the administrators active at that point in time to move from Wikia to his personal site - Absurdopedia.net. However, later Absurdopedia.wikia.com recovered from the old authors' departure and recommenced its activity. Some authors returned. Meanwhile Edward Chernenko started administrative lawlessness at his site and he could ban any author at his own will without due reason. So the site under his guidance that had been very active at the start finally fell into a deplorable state. In spite of the leadership (as yet) in the number of articles Absurdopeida.net doesn't progress. Absurdopedia.wikia.com is actively progressing: from October 2015 the number of articles has increased by more than 300 (you can see a comparative table for 2016 below). There was also logo update to 3D-version, introduction of mascot, introduction of several unique subprojects (the Boarding Committee, the Cirno Oracle). The community of Absurdopedia.wikia.com is willing to establish fraternal relations with Uncyclomedia. Some of our content is still common, but the number of differences is increasing, the two sites have different guidance and different look. We are not asking you to exclude Absurdopeida.net from your interwiki, we are just asking you to add additional interwiki to us and include Absurdopedia.wikia.com into the list of friendly and related projects. In our turn, we will ask Wikia helpers to add interwiki to the Uncyclomedia projects.
- Number of new articles
|| Absurdopedia of Wikia
|| Absurdopedia of Chernenko
Sincerely, bureaucrat of Absurdopedia.wikia.com, --Тэйтанка-птекила (talk) 13:05, 5 November 2016 (UTC)
- As administrator and knowledgeable about the problems that exist on Wikia, in my opinion, it is almost impossible to have two wikis with the same interlink. See in the case of Germany that there are 3 wikis (de.Uncyclopedia, camelopedia and stupipedia) and none of the three have reached an agreement. Another wants the exclusion of the rival project and the only way that Carlb convinced was that the new wikis have different interlinks. Of course, because of the greatness of Absurdopedia should have solved this problem but UnMeta's position is to be against Wikia and its politics. I do not say that we should exclude it but I do not see how 2 wikis can have the same interlink because the interlink classifies the language not the country where the wiki exists.
- Another point is in the problem as it says "will ask Wikia helpers to add interwiki to the Uncyclomedia projects", unfortunately wikia has never bothered to add new wikis of the project that do not belong to her. And necessarily there is already a justice issue between Wikia and Uncyclomedia and we are at that point.
- In the end, meeting the top managers, I do not see how I can reverse the problem unless Chernenko gives up on his project, which I do not think will happen, or at least change the name of the project and not the official wiki.
- To conclude, the foreign policy of my wiki (Desgalipedia) forces me to keep neutral in this dispute and the maximum I can do is to call other administrators or Carlb himself to discuss this. Rhubella Marie, the rat sockpreppie 2,338 preppiedits 05:06, 25 December 2016 (UTC)
- Thank's. We are ready to have interwiki to both English-language section. In this Wikia, I think will not mind. In any case, keep in mind that the old Absurdopedia exists, develops and extends to you the hand of friendship. Sincerely, --Тэйтанка-птекила (talk) 09:01, 25 December 2016 (UTC)
- If you are using Wikia, you have no control over your outbound Special:Interwiki link table at all. The English-language Uncyclopedia.co is independently hosted, so any questions about en: would need to be directed to the admins there.
- In general, if there are two different sites (like Fancy Bear and Cosy Bear) it would not be possible to point the ru: interwiki at both at once. German avoids this by using Bavarian (bar:) and Plattsdeutsch to get two more language codes to point to Stupidedia and Kamelopedia. There's also $wgExtraLanguageNames which could be used to create prefixes; maybe one could be fsb: and the other gru: or perhaps rus: instead of ru:? I'm not going to intervene in the question of whether we should be linking to Wikia at all, but if any individual wiki hosted here did want to link both for some reason, I would be willing to add $wgExtraLanguageNames entries in response to local requests. Carlb (talk) 15:24, 25 December 2016 (UTC)
- Hi! For Absurdopedia it could bypass gracefully: create interwiki su (if it is not occupied, there is such the web-domain). We, for example, will Soviet Absurdopedia, and Absurdopedia of Chernenko - Russian. It is in the spirit of Uncyclopedia. Or vice versa. As the variant. Sincerely, --Тэйтанка-птекила (talk) 18:27, 25 December 2016 (UTC)
- su: is occupied as Sundanese, a language from the western third of Java spoken by 15% of the Indonesian population. It looks to be a Wikia with a whole 11 pages. Language codes are not country codes; for instance UK as a language is Ukraine while UK as a country is the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. Carlb (talk) 18:56, 25 December 2016 (UTC)